I have written a wide variety of product reviews, features and opinion pieces for ComputerWorld over the years.
- Three New Wireless E-mail Devices , a review of the Palm VII, the Blackberry, and the Sprint Touchpoint phone for using email on the road (Executive Technology, November 8, 1999).
- Remote Control and File Transfer: Comparing the Two Champs, a review of Laplink and PCAnywhere (Executive Technology, October 18, 1999).
- Scanner Smorgasbord, a review of several different kinds of document scanners including the HP CapShare and Correx CardScan (Executive Technology, September 7, 1999).
- E-Books: Still an Unfinished Work, a review of the Rocket, SoftBook and other electronic book reader technologies (Executive Technology, July 19, 1999)
- Faxing on the Go, a review of various Internet-to-fax services
(Executive Technology, July 5, 1999) (see here for a complete table of products)
- Take Your Show On the Road, a review of portable LCD projectors (Executive Technology, June 14, 1999)
- TV Tuner Cards: Not Ready for Prime Time, a review of cards that play TV on your PC (Executive Technology, 5/24/99)
- Hold the phone (line), a review of three different wireless email technologies (CDPD, Metricom, and analog cellular) (Executive Technology, 2/15/99)
- eWallets: Not the Right Solution for eCommerce (op/ed, 1/11/99)
- Netscape improves browser email, but adds complexity, a review of Netscape Communicator 4.5 (11/2/98)
- Streaming technology: Still rough waters, a review of Real Networks G2 and Microsoft Net Show streaming servers and clients (11/2/98)
- Executive Technology: Smart Pagers, a review of the Motorola PageWriter 2000, Bellsouth Wireless Interactive Pager, and the Synapse Pager card for the PalmPilot (review, 8/17/98)
- Selling to Surfers: Commerce Server Software, examining various issues with using eCommerce suite products (feature, 8/3/98)
- Trying to bridge the gap, review of Keyfile's Keyflow and Jetform's InTempo workflow products (review, 7/13/98)
- App installer weak on Windows, review of Open Software Associates' NetDeploy (review, 6/22/98)
- Client side: Managing the mail mess (essay, 6/1/98)
- Multiuser Win NT gets flexible with Citrix bundled ,a review of Microsoft's Terminal Server (Hydra) and Citrix' Picasso (review, 4/6/98)
- Wall Data's tool falls short a review of Cyberprise DBApp Developer (review, 3/23/98)
- Document sharing tool delivers real-time control, a review of Netopia Virtual Office co-authored with Dave Piscitello (review, 2/16/98)
- Java-based app shows promise, but needs work (review, 2/9/98)
- NetWare 5.0 beta a sign of things to come, (review, 2/2/98)
- Web tools bulk up Omnis Studio release, a review of Omnis Studio database software (review, 12/1/97)
- Web tool aids in design and navigation, a review of a new product from Trellix (review, 12/1/97)
- Web-based technical support offers just the FAQs, a review of Right Now Web (review, 11/10/97)
- Opal melds legacy, SQL, a review of CA/Infresco's Opal middleware (review, 10/13/97)
- IBM host gateway tool still trails rival, a review of Host on Demand 3270 java software (review, 10/6/97)
- Novell: Get a clue!, why Chris Stone's stated goals for Novell may be misplaced (op/ed, 9/22/97)
- Docs Open tolerates the Web, Livelink embraces it, a review of two document management products and their web interfaces (review, 8/25/97)
Port Washington, NY 11050 USA
+1 (516) 944-3407